This training will enable qualified hypno-psychotherapeutic counsellors and hypno-psychotherapists to work with people who have a cancer diagnosis.
Therapists working in this field help clients to deal with the impact of diagnosis, side-effects of treatment (both physically and emotionally) and psychological issues linked to their illness.
What You Will Gain
- You will examine the aetiology of cancer, the immune system and its connection to the psychological processes (psycho-neuro-immunology)
- An important part of the work with cancer patients is psychotherapeutic and the relevant approaches will be explored in depth
- The skills to work with dying clients, how we prepare clients to face death and how this can be worked through for as long as the client wants it
- Nature is an important part in this type of work and this aspect will be included in both theory and exercise
- As this kind of work is very demanding, self-care for the therapist is also covered
- Ludwig Esser
Mode of Study
- Face-to-face tuition
- Practical exercises (some outdoors where possible)
Hours of Study
- 14 hours delivered over 2 days (14 hours CPD)
- Written essay
- Qualified hypnopsychotherapeutic counsellors and hypno-psychotherapists or trainees who have completed at least Stage 3 on the pathways